RED HOUSE COTTAGE THE RED HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152624
Date first listed:
18-Apr-1985
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
24, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
RED HOUSE COTTAGE, 26, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
THE RED HOUSE, 28, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of RED HOUSE COTTAGE
THE RED HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152624 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 13:25:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
24, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
RED HOUSE COTTAGE, 26, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
THE RED HOUSE, 28, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
North Creake
National Grid Reference:
TF 85376 37932

Details

TF 83 NE NORTH CREAKE CHURCH STREET (west)

5/37 No. 24, 26, 28, (The Red House)

II

Row of 3 houses. No. 28, The Red House, 1778. Red brick, red pantiled roof. 2 storeys with attics, "L" on plan with east returned gable. Gable has one ground floor, 2 first floor and one attic sash with glazing bars. 2 blocked ground floor openings with flat rubbed brick arches of earlier, narrower windows. Elaborate and somewhat retardataire shaped gable with coped brick parapet. 'TH' purlin-iron stops, datestone 1778. Range to north has one ground and one first floor sash with glazing bars, one fixed casement with glazing bars. C.1800 wooden doorcase with 2 Greek Doric fluted quarter columns at canted angle. 6 panel door, 4 glazed panels, simple arched fanlight without tracery. No. 26, 2-window house and No. 24, 3-window house to north are included for group value. One ridge and one north end stack.

Listing NGR: TF8537637932

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221569
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/04148/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian John Beales. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].