BARN CIRCA 50METRES NORTH WEST OF OLD PARSONAGE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152711

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: BARN CIRCA 50METRES NORTH WEST OF OLD PARSONAGE HOUSE, RECTORY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN CIRCA 50METRES NORTH WEST OF OLD PARSONAGE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152711 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 23:56:38.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN CIRCA 50METRES NORTH WEST OF OLD PARSONAGE HOUSE, RECTORY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Edgefield

National Grid Reference: TG 09296 34556

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EDGEFIELD RECTORY ROAD TG 03 SE 6/23 Barn c50m north- west of Old Parsonage House GV II

Tithe barn adjacent to former Rectory C18. Brick with pantile roof, gable parapets. Road front: large off-centre doorway to right, six square honey combed airvents, blocked doorway and windows to left, oversailing eaves cornice. Honeycombed airvents in gables: south, one square, one lozenge; north, one lozenge. Rear: large doorway partially blocked with flint; varied brick work; shaped brick buttress. North part used as a school between 1760 and 1825. W.H. Marcon: Reminiscences of a Norfolk Parson. 1926. Forms a group with the Old Parsonage House, qv 6/22.

Listing NGR: TG0929634556

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224053

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Marcon, W H , Reminiscence of a Norfolk Parson, (1926)

End of official listing