HEMPSTEAD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152720

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: HEMPSTEAD HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEMPSTEAD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152720 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 02:14:41.

Location

Statutory Address: HEMPSTEAD HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Hempstead

National Grid Reference: TG 09632 37281

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HEMPSTEAD TG 03 NE 2/28 Hempstead Hall II Large farmhouse of C17 origin, largely rebuilt late C19, dated 1880 on wing gable end and 1877 on right gable tie cramp irons. Knapped flint with brick dressings, plain roof tiles with courses of fishscale tiles. Double depth, 2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical facade of 3 bays with connecting bay at left to forward projecting wing. Main facade: each bay projects forward cl2cm and continues up to gable dormers with moulded brick coping. Wide brick surrounds to window and doors. Central doorway has moulded brick pediment, double leaved door with glazed upper panels and rectangular fanlight. Tripartite sashes with glazing bars to ground and first floor; sashes to dormers. Two axial stacks each of 4 shafts, 2x2, with chamfered corners. Left hand connecting bay to wing forms through passage. Doorway to front as central doorway, rear door has mullioned fan light under 4-centred arch. Right hand gable has 2 sashes to ground and first floor, one sash to attic, 5 tie cramp irons dated 1877. Forward wing to left: (west), remains of C17 building: 2 storeys, attic and cellar; south gable in coursed flint on flint plinth with quoins and cap of C17 brick; gable raised, former lower line visible, stone plaque at apex dated 1880; walls, windows and roof of east side as main front; west side has coursed flint under pantiles; off-centre axial stack; outshut to west of single storey with attic, was former dairy. Single storey extension to rear of west wing of no special interest.

Listing NGR: TG0963237281

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224057

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing