Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Date of most recent amendment:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152734.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Oct-2021 at 22:37:06.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

North Norfolk (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TG 14657 30774


ITTERINGHAM TG 13 SW Manor Farm House and attached 7/43 garden walls (formerly listed as 20.2.52 Manor House) II*

House with attached garden walls. Dated 1707. Brick with black unglazed pantiles. L-plan with later additions, front range of 3 cells. Two storeys and attic with cellar to right hand side. Symmetrical principal facade of 6 cross windows to each floor grouped 3 and 3 having original lead-paned casements, wrought iron fittings and pintle hinges, all under gauged brick flat arches with stone keystones. Key stones inscribed 1 7 0 7 on first floor, G F T R on ground floor. Central 6 panelled door underneath flat arch of gauged brick having stone keystone inscribed with cipher TRM (Thomas, d.1726, and Mary d.1725, Robins). Doorway flanked by brick square pilasters surmounted by stone Corinthian capitals. Segmental pediment and horizontal cornice in moulded brick flushed with lead contains blank stone cartouche with festoons. Shaped gables with moulded brick caps; gable end internal stacks. Left hand gable has moulded brick eaves platband, fixed small windows either side of stack on ground, first and attic floor. Right hand side (south): continuous brickwork and moulded platband to gable and wing to left; eaves platband to shaped gable; wrought iron scroll work on cramp iron ties; one cross window to left of ground and first floor of gable; blocked doorway to right: Rear range in 3 builds: to left continuation of front range, 2 bays, 2 storeys and attic; lower 3 bay addition of 2 storeys and attic to right, part dated 70 on gable; at east end a lean-to of one storey and attic with datestone to east inscribed PTM 1732. Left range attached to front: brick beneath unglazed black and red pantiles; 4-light casement with transom to ground floor; 2 leaded cross windows and blocked opening to first floor; raking roof dormer with leaded casements; internal end stack. Lower range to right separated by vertical junction of brick work; platband in moulded brick continues line of platband from gable and left hand bays; moulded brick cornice as on left hand bays but lower; red pantiles to left, black to right; central boarded door to front passage flanked by cross windows: 2 leaded casements to first floor; blocked windows to ground and first floor on left; raking roof dormer with leaded casement. Gable has blocked square attic windows either side of central internal stack; frames with leaded panes and single diamond sectioned wooden mullions are in situ behind. Rear: wide stair outshut under pantiles to front range; blocked window to outshut. Interior: front range: central cell has large paving tiles; open well, open string staircase with thin barley sugar twisted balusters, having 4 forming newel at base; carved brackets to stairs show huntsmen and hounds; dog gate part renewed, with barley sugar bars above and open panels below has contemporary strap hinge; panelling to stair dado and below central flight. Right hand rooms to ground and first floor have raised panelling. Left hand rooms to ground and first floors have reeded fire cases and duck's nest grates. Jewel stopped chamfered beam to ground floor rear wing of front range. Staggered purlin roof with collar beams. Attached garden walls: Ramped walls projecting west from front, that to right pierced by gate way; brick on brick plinth, dentil cornice of moulded bricks under coping; right hand wall partly renewed. North garden wall attached to left hand wall: brick with moulded brick to plinth.

Listing NGR: TG1465730774


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/08426/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David N. Gifford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].