THE OLD FORGE AND ADJOINING GARDEN WALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152894

Date first listed: 28-May-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD FORGE AND ADJOINING GARDEN WALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD FORGE AND ADJOINING GARDEN WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152894 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 12:39:25.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD FORGE AND ADJOINING GARDEN WALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Great Rissington

National Grid Reference: SP 19965 17420

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT RISSINGTON GREAT RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1917-2017 9/171 The Old Forge and adjoining garden wall II House and former forge and wheelwrights shop with wall and gate piers. C17 and C19, extended early C20 in Cotswold style. Rectangular datestone dated and initialled 'H / 1929 / B' at first floor level of front. Coursed squared dressed limestone. Stone slate roof. Ashlar stacks. Rectangular plan to C17 range with gable end facing lane. C19 forge/wheelwright's shop runs away rear left. Early C20 extension rear right. C17 range; 2 storeys and attic lit by a single slate-hung 2-light dormer, skylight to the left. Four-bay facade, two 2-light casements to the first floor, two 3-light casements and one three-light casement to the ground floor, all stone-mullioned and with leading. Far right-hand bay (with datestone)_ added 1929. C20 porch off-centre left with a plank door set back at the rear. Canted bay with stone-mullioned casements at right gable end. Side facing lane comprises the gable end of the main body lit by C20 stone-mullioned casements. Four- light casement with king mullion to ground floor to the left. Single storey C19 former forge/wheelwright's shop to the left. Two 3-light and one 6-light casement all with natural oak frames to the early C20 extension. Early C20 double plank door with strap hinges with fleur-de-lys ends and two large rectangular lights with diamond-leaded panes within a moulded 'Tudor'-arched surround to the left of the gable end of the C17 range. Gable end, off-the- ridge, lateral and axial stacks with cappings and skirtings (some moulded). Ramped wall runs away for c20m to right of gable end of C17 range. Drystone c2m in height. Two gate piers with ball finials off centre left.



Listing NGR: SP1996517420

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130904

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing