THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153035
Date first listed:
08-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, SHERNBORNE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153035 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jun-2019 at 22:13:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, SHERNBORNE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Ingoldisthorpe
National Grid Reference:
TF 69146 32551

Details

TF63 SE INGOLDISTHORPE SHERNBORNE ROAD (south)

4/21 The Old Rectory.

- II

Former Rectory House, now divided into 4 separate dwellings. 1856-1858 by G.E. Pritchett, architect of Bishop's Stortford, for the Rev. William Philip Beckett, vicar, who also restored the church (q.v.) and built the school. Cost £2,000. Coursed, dressed carstone with freestone dressings, slated roofs. 2 storeys with attics, double pile plan. High Victorian Gothic. Entrance front to north of 6 bays, ground floor with 3 2-light and one 3-light casement cross windows. At west one 2 leaf French door. 6 first floor case- ment cross windows, all openings with freestone rusticated dressings. Off- centre wooden porch, stone plinth, arched centre, 2 side panels, much internal wooden bracing, barge board gable and slated roof. 2 leaf partly glazed Gothic arched-headed door. Attic with 2 2-light casement dormers with barge boarded gabled roofs. Roof hipped at east only, with one ridge stack, verged at west with single end gable stack springing from corbelled out first floor arch on return. Garden front of 4 bays has 3 ground floor 2-light casement cross windows and one 2 leaf French door, 4 first floor 2-light casement cross windows. Contemporary conservatory at right angles at east with hipped 5- sided gable to south. Roof hipped at east with one eaves level stack and 2 ridge stacks, 2 2-light dormers with barge board gables. West return has single ground floor dressed stone and slated 5-light canted sided bow window. Single storey stable and service wing attached at east is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TF6914632551

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221406
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing