KING AND RANDALL MONUMENTS, ABOUT 6 METRES SOUTH WEST OF SOUTH DOOR IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST SWITHIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153078
Date first listed:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
KING AND RANDALL MONUMENTS, ABOUT 6 METRES SOUTH WEST OF SOUTH DOOR IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST SWITHIN, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of KING AND RANDALL MONUMENTS, ABOUT 6 METRES SOUTH WEST OF SOUTH DOOR IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST SWITHIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 19:22:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
KING AND RANDALL MONUMENTS, ABOUT 6 METRES SOUTH WEST OF SOUTH DOOR IN CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ST SWITHIN, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Quenington
National Grid Reference:
SP 14823 03902

Details

SP 10 SW QUENINGTON CHURCH ROAD (west side)

6/243 King and Randall monuments, about 6m south-west of south door in churchyard of Church of St. Swithin

GV II

Two chest tombs. John King 1826 and ------- Randall 1787(?). Limestone. Both tent tops, stepped to Randall, with moulded plinth and capping. King has slab sides and ends with plain pilaster strips, missing to east. Randall has quarter baluster corners, plain frieze, plain ends and recessed sides. Both tombs set together on surround of headstones probably mainly of C19.



Listing NGR: SP1482303902

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129869
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10504/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].