THE LONG HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153118
Date first listed:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
THE LONG HOUSE, VICTORIA ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LONG HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153118 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 19:23:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE LONG HOUSE, VICTORIA ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Quenington
National Grid Reference:
SP 14919 04076

Details

SP 1404-1504 QUENINGTON VICTORIA ROAD (east side) )

12/254 The Long House

II

Large detached house. Core of early C17, enlarged to south in C19, and to west in C20. Close to site of C16 corn mill. Rubble stone, stone slate roof with coped verges, stone end stacks originally, that to left with offset and moulded cornice, truncated to right, and large ashlar end or external stacks to C19 additions. Mainly 2-storey. Originally single range, with C19 wings to front and side on right, and small single storey entrance bay across front with gabled porch and single storey and attic section to left. West side of C17 house has three remaining 3-light stone mullions with stone hoodmoulds on first floor, blocked to left. Remaining fenestration on this side in similar style but of C19 or C20. Rear view and interior not accessible at time of survey.



Listing NGR: SP1491904076

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129880
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10504/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].