TWO ADJOINING BARNS AT SADDLEWOOD MANOR AND CART SHED ADJOINING ON SOUTH EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1153190

Date first listed: 06-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: TWO ADJOINING BARNS AT SADDLEWOOD MANOR AND CART SHED ADJOINING ON SOUTH EAST, A46

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO ADJOINING BARNS AT SADDLEWOOD MANOR AND CART SHED ADJOINING ON SOUTH EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153190 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 10:15:48.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO ADJOINING BARNS AT SADDLEWOOD MANOR AND CART SHED ADJOINING ON SOUTH EAST, A46

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Didmarton

National Grid Reference: ST 81048 89804

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DIDMARTON A46 ST 88 NW (off east side) 9/50 Two adjoining barns at Saddlewood Manor (formerly listed as Tithe Barn with Saddlewood Farmhouse) and cart- 6.9.54 shed adjoining on south east GV II

Two adjoining barns forming single visual structure, and cartshed attached to south east corner. Barn to north dated 1746, addition to south probably late C18. Random coursed rubble stone with flush quoins to earlier structure, coursed stone with quoins to porches on later structure, both with stone slate roof. West side has gabled cart entry just left of centre to each barn with boarded gables and timber doors to both (renewed doors to north), and small lean-to on north end. East side has opposed projecting low level cart entries both with shallow relieving arch and cambered timber lintel, but blocked and of 2 storeys to north. Both of 6 bays with collar and tie beam trusses with high cambered stone arch on wall plane on west side. Scattered slit vents. Entry on east side of later barn had some kind of loading bay or ramp, now partly dismantled. Cartshed to south east of double width, 3 bays deep, with hipped front, partially collapsed on south wall at time of survey (March 1986) and with later prop centre front.

Listing NGR: ST8104889804

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130364

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing