SPLINTERS (INCLUDING STREET LAMP FIXED TO WALL)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153296
Date first listed:
14-Oct-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
12-Feb-1976
Statutory Address:
SPLINTERS (INCLUDING STREET LAMP FIXED TO WALL), 12, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of SPLINTERS (INCLUDING STREET LAMP FIXED TO WALL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153296 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 00:22:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
SPLINTERS (INCLUDING STREET LAMP FIXED TO WALL), 12, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
Christchurch (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SZ 15960 92630

Details

CHURCH STREET 1. (East Side) 5187 No 12 (Splinters) formerly 'Hillside' (including street lamp fixed to wall) SZ 1592 1A/6 14.10.53.

II GV C18. Red brick with brick eaves cornice and tiled roof. End chimneys. 2 storeys and attic with I hipped dormer. 3 windows, those of 1st floor in moulded, boxed frames with glazing bars. Ground floor has replaced sashes with glazing bars. Doorway in moulded architrave with pediment above. C19 square tapered lamp with cap and finial fixed to wall.

Nos 10 to 13 (consec) (with its railings and wall), form a group with Nos 14 to 16 (consec) with associated wall and with the Priory Church, the gates to the churchyard, the sundial and boundary walls to churchyard and Garden of Rememberance.

Listing NGR: SZ1596092639

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
101486
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07234/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Sylvia Leonard. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].