MANOR FARM BARN FORMER CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153321
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1951
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM BARN FORMER CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM BARN FORMER CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153321 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 18:48:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM BARN FORMER CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Wood Norton
National Grid Reference:
TG 01383 27303

Details

TG 02 NW WOOD NORTON

6/119 Manor Farm Barn former Church of St. 30/11/51 Peter.

II

Farm barn, former church of St. Peter. Nave only with c.1200 to c.1500 evi- dence. Flint with brick dressings. C20 pantiled roof. West gable with blocked gable lancet c.1200, south west corner with conglomerate quoins above suggesting yet earlier beginnings; south side with Decorated/Perpendicular door arch, blocked 2 light Perpendicular window with tracery head surviving, central cart doors, cut stone lancet. Chancel demolished, brick east gable. North side with Perpendicular 2-light windows and blocked Decorated window embrasure to east. C20 roof and lean-to additions to north, not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TG0138327303

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224031
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/06656/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Alec Douet. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].