BOUNDARY WALL ENCLOSING GARDEN TO NORTH AND WEST OF HEDENHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153375
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALL ENCLOSING GARDEN TO NORTH AND WEST OF HEDENHAM HALL, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY WALL ENCLOSING GARDEN TO NORTH AND WEST OF HEDENHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153375 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2019 at 07:49:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALL ENCLOSING GARDEN TO NORTH AND WEST OF HEDENHAM HALL, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
South Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Hedenham
National Grid Reference:
TM 31234 92854

Details

HEDENHAM CHURCH ROAD TM 39 SW 6/69 Boundary wall enclosing enclosing garden to north and west of Hedenham Hall

GV II

Garden wall and attached store. Late C17 and later: garden building dated 1676. Red brick with saddleback and plaintile coping. Wall encloses garden on north, east and west sides; swept up and over doorway central in north wall (datestone 1908 over door). Central gateway in east side blocked and infilled with iron railings on brick plinth. Central in west wall, a garden building of red brick and pantile with crow-stepped gables: east wall has two door openings, one with original door, and three square openings. South gable has two doors and attic hatch. Inserted or renewed floor. Staged buttress at north-west corner. On the west side, the boundary wall continues south to pedestrian gateway with square piers and swept coping and main gateway at south-west corner: square piers with screen walls and iron gates.

Listing NGR: TM3123492854

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
226846
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].