JOSIAH DYER MONUMENT CIRCA 17 METRES EAST OF NORTH AISLE IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST OSWALD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153462
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
JOSIAH DYER MONUMENT CIRCA 17 METRES EAST OF NORTH AISLE IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST OSWALD

Map

Ordnance survey map of JOSIAH DYER MONUMENT CIRCA 17 METRES EAST OF NORTH AISLE IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST OSWALD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153462 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Jun-2019 at 02:41:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
JOSIAH DYER MONUMENT CIRCA 17 METRES EAST OF NORTH AISLE IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST OSWALD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Compton Abdale
National Grid Reference:
SP0596216586

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 06/02/2014



SP 01 NE 5/20

COMPTON ABDALE, COMPTON ABDALE VILLAGE, Josiah Dyer monument c17m east of north aisle in the churchyard of the Church of St. Oswald

(Formerly listed as Josiah Dyer monument c17m south of north aisle in the churchyard of the Church of St. Oswald)

GV II

Chest tomb to Josiah Dyer, died 1794, Hester his wife, died 1832, and Josiah, son of Josiah Dyer, died 1795. Inscription plaques and plinth red sandstone, otherwise grey sandstone, moulded plinth. Raised inscription plaque to Josiah Dyer with moulded margin, quadrant corners and rosettes on north side. Sunken fielded inscription panel to Hester Dyer with segmental head and roundels on south side. Eroded inscription at west end with stylized swag above. Similar inscription plaque at east end also with stylized swag. Capping with moulded margin.



Listing NGR: SP0596216586

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130018
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].