THE OLD STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153614
Date first listed:
26-Jun-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Sep-1986
Statutory Address:
THE OLD STABLES

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153614 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 06:59:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD STABLES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
North Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Langton Long Blandford
National Grid Reference:
ST 90266 05620

Details

LANGTON LONG BLANDFORD - ST 90 NW 3/5 The Old Stables (formerly listed as 26.6.53 outbuildings and stables.) GV II

Stable block, now partly converted into a dwelling, 1832. By C R Cockrell. Ashlar with hipped slate roofs and deeply overhanging eaves to the internal courtyard. North and south round arched courtyard entrances with open pediments. Octagonal plan. 2 storeys. External walls have lunette windows under round relieving arches. Internal walls have 30-pane pivoting windows. Upper floor windows mostly blind. First floor plat band. Plain plank doors. Over the north pediment is a clock turret with cupola. (RCHM, Dorset, vol.IV, p.44, no.2. Newman, J and Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Dorset, 1972, p.250/1.)

Listing NGR: ST9026605620

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
103725
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1972), 44
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 250-251

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14162/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr JE Leeson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].