This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER ABBEY BARN WITH GARAGE AND FLAT ABOVE IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF HAZLETON MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER ABBEY BARN WITH GARAGE AND FLAT ABOVE IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF HAZLETON MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1153634

Location

FORMER ABBEY BARN WITH GARAGE AND FLAT ABOVE IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF HAZLETON MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Rodmarton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 129429

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RODMARTON HAZLETON ST 99 NW 6/130 Former Abbey Barn with garage and flat above immediately north- 4.6.52 west of Hazleton Manor Farmhouse

GV II Remains of Abbey Barn of c1290, burnt down 1885 and rebuilt in late C19 as coach house and accommodation over, now used as garage on ground floor. Rubble stone, stone slate roof. Two storeys with 5 inserted late C19 two-light casements and 2 double-doored entrances to right on ground floor with continuous boarded lintel. On left hand side, string course from original barn remains just below eaves, and 2-light stone lancet window on left hand return. Stone steps on right hand return up to flat, lean-to to rear. Internal roof construction retains three-bays of what appear to be jointed crucks.

Listing NGR: ST9294098367

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 92940 98367

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153634 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 10:59:37.

End of official listing