LYCH GATE ON THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1153655

Date first listed: 12-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: LYCH GATE ON THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of LYCH GATE ON THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153655 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 16:42:04.

Location

Statutory Address: LYCH GATE ON THE NORTHERN BOUNDARY OF THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: North Cerney

National Grid Reference: SP 01858 07848

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH CERNEY NORTH CERNEY VILLAGE SP01 075 - 02 075 16/209 Lych Gate on the northern boundary of the churchyard of the Church of All Saints

GV II

Lych gate by F.C. Eden early C20 with inscription 'TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN MEMORY OF / PETER GOLDSMITH MEDD RECTOR 1875 - 1908' on the tie beam over the gate. Open-sided pegged timber framework set on low dressed stone side walls; braced tie beams; single wide gateway which pivots on a central point with a pair of symmetrical curving braces. Half-hipped roof. Stile with two curving timbers to the left of the porch. (Harris and Lever, Illustrated Glossary of Architecture 850 - 1830, plate 99).

Listing NGR: SP0185207848

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131232

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Harris, J, Lever, J, Illustrated Glossary of Architecture, (1966)

End of official listing