This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CROSS IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH OF THE PORCH, CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CROSS IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH OF THE PORCH, CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

List entry Number: 1153766

Location

CROSS IN THE CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 5.5M NORTH OF THE PORCH, CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Buckland

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 134791

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUCKLAND BUCKLAND VILLAGE SP 03 NE 2/10 Cross, in the churchyard, about 5.5m north of the porch, Church of St Michael GV II Cross. Medieval base, 1883 shaft, probably by F.S. Waller. Stone. Approximately 3.5m square base, 2 plain steps: single-stone square base on centre of platform, chamfered top to plinth, moulded edge above. Above, square cross shaft, marked taper, trefoil-headed recess in west face for inscription. Head with ring and circles drilled in angles of cross. Inscribed 'THE / CHURCH WAS / RESTORED / A.D.1883 / PHILIP MORRIS / RECTOR / ALF. PERRET / C. HODDINOTT / CH. WARDENS'.

Listing NGR: SP0817336021

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 08174 36023

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153766 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 05:36:00.

End of official listing