JOHN BROOME MONUMENT WITH RAILINGS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2 METRES WEST OF TOWER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153822
Date first listed:
12-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
JOHN BROOME MONUMENT WITH RAILINGS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2 METRES WEST OF TOWER

Map

Ordnance survey map of JOHN BROOME MONUMENT WITH RAILINGS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2 METRES WEST OF TOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153822 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 08:56:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
JOHN BROOME MONUMENT WITH RAILINGS IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2 METRES WEST OF TOWER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Forthampton
National Grid Reference:
SO 85856 32568

Details

SO 8532 FORTHAMPTON FORTHAMPTON VILLAGE

7/50 John Broome monument with railings in the churchyard of the Church of St. Mary c2m west of tower

GV II

Chest tomb to Reverend John Broome, died 1819 and Penelope Isabella his wife, died 1862. Limestone and sandstone. Tomb in form of sarcophagus on four square sandstone feet. Sunken inscription panels either side, stepped sandstone and limestone pyramidal capping. Sunken inscription panels on sides. Urn in relief at west end. Cast iron railing with spear-head and urn finials.

Listing NGR: SO8585632568

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
134170
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/04010/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Brookes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].