ALLMAN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 0.5 METRES SOUTH OF BREETHER MONUMENT TO SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153828
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
ALLMAN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 0.5 METRES SOUTH OF BREETHER MONUMENT TO SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALLMAN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 0.5 METRES SOUTH OF BREETHER MONUMENT TO SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153828 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 20:32:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
ALLMAN MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 0.5 METRES SOUTH OF BREETHER MONUMENT TO SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Elmore
National Grid Reference:
SO 76724 14902

Details

SO 71 SE ELMORE -

4/33 Allman monument in the churchyard approximately 0.5m south of Breether monument to south of Church of St. John

GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1763. Limestone. Tall and rectangular with 2 side panels separated by fluted pilasters; pilasters also to corners; 2 fielded panels to north and south sides. East end carries elaborate cartouche; cartouche at west end with winged cherub's head over. Cyma moulded top and cavetto base. Inscribed on south side to William Allman, died 1763.

Listing NGR: SO7672414902

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
131691
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00360/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jack Farley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].