MONUMENT TO BROTHER OF HENRY BRADLY IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF MONUMENT TO HANNAH BRADLY SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1153835

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: MONUMENT TO BROTHER OF HENRY BRADLY IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF MONUMENT TO HANNAH BRADLY SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO BROTHER OF HENRY BRADLY IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF MONUMENT TO HANNAH BRADLY SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153835 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 02:07:01.

Location

Statutory Address: MONUMENT TO BROTHER OF HENRY BRADLY IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF MONUMENT TO HANNAH BRADLY SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Elmore

National Grid Reference: SO 76724 14906

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 71 SE ELMORE -

4/35 Monument to brother of Henry Bradly in the churchyard approximately lm east of monument to Hannah Bradly south of Church of St. John

GV II

Pedestal tomb. Dated 1757. Limestone. Octagonal ends to rectangular tomb, gadrooned at base, and with egg and dart mouldings; west end bearing winged cherub's head above curtain swag and open book; east end as west but mutilated. Large Rococo cartouche on south side containing trophy composed from torches, bow, arrow and central flaming urn; cartouche to north with inscriptions. Hollow moulded top and cyma moulded plinth. Square- based domical coped top. Inscribed on north side to brother of Henry Bradly, died 1757.

Listing NGR: SO7672414906

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131693

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing