PAIR OF HEADSTONES IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, CIRCA 3 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153851
Date first listed:
12-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF HEADSTONES IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, CIRCA 3 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF HEADSTONES IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, CIRCA 3 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153851 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 00:28:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF HEADSTONES IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY, CIRCA 3 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHANCEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Forthampton
National Grid Reference:
SO 85892 32580

Details

SO 8532 FORTHAMPTON FORTHAMPTON VILLAGE

7/57 Pair of headstones in the churchyard of the Church of St. Mary, c3m north-east of chancel

GV II

Pair of headstones. Left-hand headstone to Hanna Blann, died 1649, right-hand headstone to Thomas Hartalbery, died 1651. Limestone. Hanna Blann headstone; curved face with upper corners cut away. Thomas Hartalbery headstone; 12cm thick with slight 'S' curves at top, fine inscription in capitals. Headstone to Hanna Blann unusual for its form. Earliest legible headstones in churchyard.

Listing NGR: SO8589232580

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
134177
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04618/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Brookes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].