ROSE COTTAGE, NORTH OF ENEVER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153891
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1960
Statutory Address:
ROSE COTTAGE, NORTH OF ENEVER HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROSE COTTAGE, NORTH OF ENEVER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153891 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jun-2019 at 14:44:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROSE COTTAGE, NORTH OF ENEVER HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Little Rissington
National Grid Reference:
SP 19061 19729

Details

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE SP 1819-1919 8/242 Rose Cottage, north of Enever House 25.8.60 GV II Detached cottage. (Not to be confused with Rose Cottage east of Hillside House q.v.). C18, restored mid C20. Coursed squared and dressed limestone. Stone slate roof with ashlar stacks. Rectangular main body with gable end facing the road; later extension at right angles to rear and C19 extension to the right gable end. C20 flat-roofed extension at the front not of special interest. Main body: 2 storeys and attic. Two-windowed facade lit by two C20 metal casements, Sun insurance plaque between the two upstairs windows. Ground floor obscured by C20 flat-roofed extension. Three-light stone-mullioned oriel window dated and initialled 'H/1940/B' to the first floor of the left gable end. Single small two-light stone-mullioned window with pointed heads to each light below the oriel window. Single light with double chamfered surround and leaded panes to the left. C20 single and 2- light metal casements at the rear. All casements with leaded panes. C20 plank door with fillets and decorative studding to the extension at the rear of the main body. Gable-end stacks. Interior not inspected.



Listing NGR: SP1906119729

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130973
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].