CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1153944

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1953

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153944 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 18:25:29.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Tarrant Keyneston

National Grid Reference: ST 92516 04059

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TARRANT KEYNESTON VILLAGE STREET ST 90 SW (north side) 5/37 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS 26.6.53 GV II* Parish church tower C15, remainder 1852. C19 work by T H Wyatt. Flint and rubble, banded in the tower. Tiled roofs with stone copings. Plan: nave; chancel; north vestry; north aisle; west tower. West tower: 2 stages and embattled parapet separated by weathered strings; restored, pointed west window with Perpendicular tracery and stopped label; diagonal buttresses; small round-headed window to upper stage, south wall; square-headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows to belfry. Most remaining windows are of one, 2 or 3 lights under pointed heads with Perpendicular tracery. North vestry has a pointed 3-light, reticulated tracery window. Porch has a moulded, pointed head and a label with carved stops. Interior features; 3-bay pointed nave arcade on octagonal piers with moulded caps; pointed tower arch of 2 chamfered orders dying into responds; chancel arch is moulded and pointed with respond half-shafts and a label with carved stops; C19 scissor truss roof to chancel; arch-braced collar truss springing from corbels to nave; C19 octagonal timber pulpit entered by short vice; C19 octagonal stone font with quatrefoils to 4 sides; wrought-iron Art Nouveau communion rails dated 1906; other features largely C19. (RCHM, Dorset, vol.IV, p.101/2, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Dorset, 1972, p.418).

Listing NGR: ST9251604059

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 103758

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1972), 101-102
Pevsner, N, Newman, J, The Buildings of England: Dorset, (1972), 418

End of official listing