MONUMENT TO ELIZABETH TOVEY IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2.5 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153995
Date first listed:
12-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ELIZABETH TOVEY IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2.5 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO ELIZABETH TOVEY IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2.5 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153995 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 08:15:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ELIZABETH TOVEY IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY CIRCA 2.5 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Hasfield
National Grid Reference:
SO 82613 27545

Details

SO 82 NW HASFIELD

3/81 Monument to Elizabeth Tovey in the churchyard of the Church of St. Mary c2.5m south of porch

GV II

Chest tomb to Elizabeth Tovey, wife of Ralph Tovey, died 1662. Limestone. Inscription panels on both sides with raised margins, scrollwork lower left and lower right. Oval panels flanked by bulging foliate scrollwork at either end. Capping with moulded margin. Inscription to (?) Chay, son of Ralph and Elizabeth Tovey, died 1682, on upper surface of capping.

Listing NGR: SO8261827548

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
134201
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/07708/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Keighley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].