THE WELL HOUSE (INCLUDING STABLES AND OUTHOUSE)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154077
Date first listed:
27-Feb-1976
Statutory Address:
THE WELL HOUSE (INCLUDING STABLES AND OUTHOUSE), WICK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WELL HOUSE (INCLUDING STABLES AND OUTHOUSE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154077 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 15:44:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE WELL HOUSE (INCLUDING STABLES AND OUTHOUSE), WICK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bournemouth (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SZ 15682 92000

Details

1. 5186 WICK LANE (North East Side) The Well House (including stables and outhouse) SZ 1591 35/288

II GV

2. Pleasant Edwardian Arts and Crafts villa, dated 1908. 2 storeys, roughcast, with recessed centre between 2 gables filled at ground level by flat-roofed porch: very big moulded cornice of white timber and guttering. Gables have pattern of 4 stucco diamonds. Retiled roofs, stucco chimneys with cornices. Windows with white timber mullions and leaded lights. Garden side with 2 similar gables, unequally projecting. Much older brick stables (to east) and outhouse (to west, at front). Included for group value.

The Shutters and Rose Cottage, The Well House, Quality and Tranquility, Laurel Cottage, and Wick Farm Cottage and Branders Cottage form a group around Wick Village green.

Listing NGR: SZ1568292000

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
101905
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/16590/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Ruth Povey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].