This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

UPPER FARM

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: UPPER FARM

List entry Number: 1154079

Location

UPPER FARM, BROCKHAMPTON LANE, BROCKHAMPTON

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bishop's Cleeve

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 134541

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 25/09/2012

SO 92 NW 7/133

SWINDON BROCKHAMPTON VILLAGE Upper Farm

GV II

Farmhouse. C18, with an extension dated 1806 on gable end facing road. Brick on a limestone plinth. Stone slate roof. Brick stacks. Corrugated asbestos roof to the early C19 extension. 'L'-shaped plan to C18 main body with the early C18 extension to gable end facing the road. Lean-to against left-hand return of this wing. Slate-roofed single-storey extension to left gable end of the main body not of special interest. Main body; 2 storeys with 2 and 3-light stone-mullioned casements to main body and 1806 extension. One window with flat-chamfered limestone jambs now with a 3-light steel casement inserted. Window below now with a C20 glazed door inserted. Extension dated 1806; 2 storeys with pitching window shutter with pigeon holes in gable end facing the road and in right-hand return, suggesting that the first floor formerly had an agricultural function.

Listing NGR: SO9410726087

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO9410726087

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154079 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 07:59:51.

End of official listing