ART GALLERY AND PICTURE STORE AT RED HOUSE MUSEUM AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL ALONG WHITEHALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154098
Date first listed:
12-Feb-1976
Statutory Address:
ART GALLERY AND PICTURE STORE AT RED HOUSE MUSEUM AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL ALONG WHITEHALL, QUAY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ART GALLERY AND PICTURE STORE AT RED HOUSE MUSEUM AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL ALONG WHITEHALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154098 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 19:18:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
ART GALLERY AND PICTURE STORE AT RED HOUSE MUSEUM AND ATTACHED BOUNDARY WALL ALONG WHITEHALL, QUAY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
Christchurch (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SZ 15871 92580

Details

QUAY ROAD 1. (South West Side) 5187 Art Gallery and Picture Store at Red House Museum and attached boundary wall along Whitehall SZ 1592 1A/142

II GV

2. 1887. Added as stables, coach house and harness room to The Red House. Now attached to the Museum by a gabled carriageway arch. Red brick, old tiled roof. 1 1/2 storeys, Gothic window in north gable end. Red brick wall extends along Whitehall.

Nos 1 and 2 form a group with the Red House Museum, its Art Gallery and Picture Store, the Museum Garden Wall and the Churchyard Walls and Vicarage. This group is also associated with that on Church Lane.

Listing NGR: SZ1588292570

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
101618
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03816/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barry Senior. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].