LITTLE WARRENS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154106
Date first listed:
04-Jul-1960
Statutory Address:
LITTLE WARRENS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE WARRENS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154106 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 22:13:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
LITTLE WARRENS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Stanton
National Grid Reference:
SP 06965 34215

Details

STANTON HIGH STREET SP 0634-0734 (South side) 11/82 Little Warrens 4.7.60 GV II Former farmhouse, now house. 1615 for MRIW (datestone); late C17, altered 1920's by and for Sir P.Stott. Roughly squared, coursed stone left, better squared right, stone-slate roof. Five- bay, one room deep, 1 1/2 storeys, later rear wing. To road: all windows mullioned, with leaded lights and hoodmoulds. Ground floor, left: 4-light, plain chamfer; similar, but with hollow chamfer, datestone over; change in stonework to right. Boarded door, in heavy timber frame, up 4 stone steps. Plinth to right, two 2-light and one 3-light windows. Above: 5 windows rise into gabled stone dormers: 3-light left end, 2-light with hollow chamfer, three 2-light with plain chamfer. Ashlar chimneys on left end, moulded cap, and to left front door, with old brick top. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP0696534215

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
134866
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07700/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Nicola Bullock. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].