CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ADJOINING SCHOOLROOM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1154159

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ADJOINING SCHOOLROOM, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ADJOINING SCHOOLROOM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154159 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 04:52:38.

Location

Statutory Address: CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ADJOINING SCHOOLROOM, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Frampton on Severn

National Grid Reference: SO 74713 07765

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FRAMPTON-ON-SEVERN THE GREEN SO 7407-7507 (off west side) 10/129 Congregational Church and adjoining Schoolroom II Former Independent Meeting House established 1760, building opened 1776 by evangelical Rowland Hill, altered in 1849 when schoolroom built. Brick, on slag block plinth to Church, tile roof with coped verges and kneelers, brick dentil eaves course with stepped 2-brick string below. Double range, with small single storey schoolroom with slate roof to north west. Formerly long round- headed window altered to pointed arches with Y-tracery, interlocking to sides, 2 windows to rear and right hand side. Smaller similar window to front, and to back and front of schoolroom, flanking small projecting gabled porch with plank door with oval stone above, inscribed "ERECTED/ BY VOLUNTARY / CONTRIBUTIONS / JUNE 1849". Small single storey later wing to front not of special interest. Diagonal plank door wth large moulded flat wooden hood and central vertical strut. Interior retains gallery, pews and reading desk probably of 1849. (V.C.H., Gloucestershsire Vol X, 1972.)

Listing NGR: SO7471307765

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 132387

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1972)

End of official listing