COURT HOUSE DAIRY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154251
Date first listed:
11-Jul-1951
Statutory Address:
COURT HOUSE DAIRY

Map

Ordnance survey map of COURT HOUSE DAIRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154251.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2019 at 10:18:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
COURT HOUSE DAIRY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Thornford
National Grid Reference:
ST 62307 14364

Details

THORNFORD - ST 61 SW Court House Dairy 9/135 11.7.51 - II Detached farmhouse. Dated 1850 in transom of front window. Rubble-stone walls, with a continuous string under the main window and over the front door. Clay-tile roof with stone gable-copings. Stone stacks at left hand gable and at right front stack embrasure. This embrasure has the fleur-de-lis of Digby. 1½-2 storeys. 2 windows, irregular and unusual fenestration. Left ground, 4-light casements with wood mullions and stone cornice. Dormer window, gabled is a 3-light case- ments with wood lintel over. Central window is a 2 storey, 3-light mullion window with a heavy transom, dated as above. This is gabled and coped. Front door, right of this window, moulded jambs and depressed-arch in a square head. Plank door with strap hinges. Rear range at right angles. 1½ storeys. 2 windows, 3-light and 4-light wood casements with wood lintels over. Stone cornices to ground floor windows. Doorway at centre with door-frame having a depressed-arch head, plank door with strap-hinges. Outshut to rear of main range, former pump- house. Dairy housed in rear range.

Listing NGR: ST6230714364

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
105676
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00703/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr RJ Whittick. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].