THE BELL INN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154267
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
THE BELL INN, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE BELL INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154267 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 07:52:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE BELL INN, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Stroud (District Authority)
Parish:
Frampton on Severn
National Grid Reference:
SO 74994 08197

Details

FRAMPTON-ON-SEVERN THE GREEN SO 7408-7508 (west side) 9/138 The Bell Inn (formerly listed as Bell Hotel) 10.1.55 GV II Inn. Recorded as inn by 1740, but rebuilt early C19. Brick on ashlar plinth above rubble layer, with moulded stone cornice and lead covered stone blocking course, shallow pitched slate roof with coped verges, brick end stacks with moulded stone caps, catslide roof to rear. Main range of 3 storeys with small set back single- storey wing to right with tile roof and 2 large 24 small pane sashes. Three windows, 8-pane sashes to second floor, 16-pane elsewhere, all with splayed brick voussoirs in contrasting red brick. Central round headed doorway with slightly recessed double doors each of 3 fielded panels, with decorative fanlight. Brickwork retains traces of position of former stone Doric portico. (V.C.H., Gloucestershire, Vol X, 1972.)

Listing NGR: SO7499408197

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
132396
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1972)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13897/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Leaver . Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].