HILL HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1154323

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: HILL HOUSE FARMHOUSE, GRUNTERS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HILL HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 06:09:36.

Location

Statutory Address: HILL HOUSE FARMHOUSE, GRUNTERS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud (District Authority)

Parish: Harescombe

National Grid Reference: SO 84501 09785

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 80 NW HARESCOMBE GRUNTERS LANE (north side), Edge 7/111 Hill House Farmhouse

GV II

Detached farmhouse. Early C18 back wing; front 1820 (date on porch). Coursed and random rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys; concrete plain tile roof. Front range of 2 rooms, 2-storey with cellar; 2-storey back wing. Front: 3-window all 2-light chamfered mullioned casements with hood moulds; parapet gabled porch with moulded Tudor arch and circular side windows; datestone over arch reads: 'TW/1820'; Tudor arched doorway with 4-panel door. Parapet gabled west end with ridge mounted chimney, continuous drip mould at upper floor level and off centre cellar doorway with plank door; 2-light mullioned casement in back wing to left of doorway with chamfered surround. Parapet gabled east end with ridge mounted chimney; 2-light casement off centre to each floor; indications of several blocked single-light windows; back wing flush with gable has 3-light with hood and 2-light to left. Back: 2-light casement to each floor to right of wing; projecting chimney to north gable end of wing rebuilt with brick shaft. Four moulded Tudor arched Cl9 stone fireplaces in principal rooms. Stands on opposite side of yard to barn (q.v.). Said to have been built with stone from Grant House (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SO8450109785

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 131765

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing