MANOR FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1154326

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1956

Statutory Address: MANOR FARM HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154326 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 04:48:46.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARM HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Dewlish

National Grid Reference: SY 77515 98176

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DEWLISH SY 79 NE CHURCH STREET (South Side)

5/56 Manor Farm House

26.1.56 GV II*

Small manor house. Early C17, probably for Arthur Radford (Hutchins); rear wing added in C19. Walls of flint and stone banding. Slate roof, with parapets and moulded coped gables. Brick stacks. 2 storeys and attic. Double pile plan. Front elevation has twin gables of unequal pitch, capped by chimney stacks, one brick and one stone. Central flush panel door under depressed 4-centred arch. Ground and first floors each have four 3-light stone mullioned and transomed windows under hoodmoulds. One similar 2-light window in each attic gable. C19 rear wing, of flint and brick banding, with slate roof. Single storey wing on left of this in similar construction. Internally: C17 stair with heavy turned balusters. Several rooms have C17 oak panelling, some with enriched friezes and fireplace surrounds. Several C17 oak panelled doors. (RCHM Monument 3 Dorset Vol III. Hutchins, History of Dorset II 606)

Listing NGR: SY7751598176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 106244

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1970)
Hutchins, J, The History and Antiquities of the County of Dorset, (1861), 606

End of official listing