GROUP OF 6 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD, 3M NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF SAINT MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154559
Date first listed:
10-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 6 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD, 3M NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF SAINT MARY, THE SQUARE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 6 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD, 3M NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF SAINT MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154559 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 02:25:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 6 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD, 3M NORTH EAST OF THE CHANCEL OF THE CHURCH OF SAINT MARY, THE SQUARE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Puddletown
National Grid Reference:
SY7589094359

Details

PUDDLETOWN SY 7594 THE SQUARE (North Side)

14/111 Group of 6 monuments in the churchyard, 3m north east of the chancel of the Church of Saint Mary

GV II

Group of 6 headstones of C18 and C19 date. One to Martha and Robert Purchase, 1743, with baroque scroll top, carved cherubs' heads flanking hourglass and scroll borders. One to Theophilis Bartlett Pope 1855, with pointed arched top and carved tree and urn. One to Stephen Arnold, 1857, one to William Bartlett, 1862, in C18 style with curved top and draped urn. One to John and George Jesty, 1835, with Flemish style top and good lettering - one to John Brymer 1790.

Listing NGR: SY7589094359

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
106299
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].