BAKER MONUMENT, CIRCA 7 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154681
Date first listed:
30-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
BAKER MONUMENT, CIRCA 7 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAKER MONUMENT, CIRCA 7 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154681 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 02:20:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
BAKER MONUMENT, CIRCA 7 METRES SOUTH EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHANCEL IN THE CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Bledington
National Grid Reference:
SP2451722554

Details

BLEDINGTON CHURCH ROAD SP 2422 (south side) 12/50 Baker monument, c7m south-east of south-east corner of chancel in the churchyard of the Church of St. Leonard GV II Chest tomb to Thomas Baker, died 1800 and Sarah his wife, died 1792. Limestone on limestone flat standing formerly with iron railing. Moulded plinth. Quarter balusters at corners of tomb. Inscriptions within 2 rectangular fielded panels on north side. Similar paired panels on opposite side, fielded panels at either end.

Listing NGR: SP2451722554

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130162
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10595/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].