3 CHEST TOMBS 5 YARDS NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154707
Date first listed:
16-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
3 CHEST TOMBS 5 YARDS NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of 3 CHEST TOMBS 5 YARDS NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154707 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 15:50:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
3 CHEST TOMBS 5 YARDS NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Lower Slaughter
National Grid Reference:
SP 16570 22627

Details

LOWER SLAUGHTER SP 1622 10/24 3 Chest-Tombs 5 yards north of Church of - St Mary GV II

Chest tombs. Early C15 to members of the Bryan family. Ashlar with fluted pilasters, moulded panels and cornice, stepped coping and roll-ridge forming vestigial bale. Nearest (4 yards) to church: George Bryan died 1800. Middle (5 yards) tomb: John Bryan & wife Ann. Further (6 yards) tomb: George Bryan (died 1833) & wife (died 1803).



Listing NGR: SP1657022627

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129908
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/06457/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Innes G. Inglis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].