PARK LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154724
Date first listed:
31-Dec-1969
Date of most recent amendment:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
PARK LODGE, RIVERSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARK LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154724 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 02:02:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARK LODGE, RIVERSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Felton
National Grid Reference:
NU 18406 00277

Details

FELTON RIVERSIDE NU 1800 (West end) 12/120 Park Lodge (formerly listed 31/12/69 as Lodge to Felton Park) GV II

Gate Lodge, c.1800 with later C19 extension at rear. Front tooled-and- margined ashlar, returns squared stone; Welsh slate roof with brick stack. Plinth. 1-storey, 3-bay front, the centre canted forward with 16-pane sash window flanked by 12-pane sashes; blind doorway to left, doorway to internal porch on right, now glazed. Moulded eaves cornice. Pyramidal roof, with all roof ridges of house and canted bay radiating from central banded axial stack. 3-bay left return shows slightly-recessed broader central bay, with 4-pane sash window, and renewed 4-pane sash to left. 3-bay right return shows opening to porch, now glazed, and two 16-pane sashes, one renewed. Small kitchen wing to rear has stepped-and-corniced end stack.

C20 extension to wing is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: NU1840600277

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236789
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12083/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth Robinson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].