WELLS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154737
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1985
Statutory Address:
WELLS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WELLS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154737 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 00:23:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
WELLS MONUMENT IN THE CHURCHYARD APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Gloucester (District Authority)
Parish:
Quedgeley
National Grid Reference:
SO8073914175

Details

SO 81 SW 5/162

QUEDGELEY SCHOOL LANE (north side)

Wells monument in the churchyard approximately 6m east of Church of St. James

GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1730/31. Limestone. Lyre ended with late C18 inscription on east end. Rectangular side inscription panels with bolection mouldings; flanked on north side by floral drops, and by tripod-mounted flaming urns to south. Cavetto moulded top; cyma moulded base. Inscribed on north side to William Wells, died 1730/31.

Listing NGR: SO8073914175

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
131824
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00406/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jack Farley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].