TWO MONUMENTS, FLANDERS AND CAVE, IN THE CHURCHYARD 8-11 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST OSMOND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154815
Date first listed:
02-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
TWO MONUMENTS, FLANDERS AND CAVE, IN THE CHURCHYARD 8-11 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST OSMOND

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO MONUMENTS, FLANDERS AND CAVE, IN THE CHURCHYARD 8-11 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST OSMOND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154815 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 17:32:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO MONUMENTS, FLANDERS AND CAVE, IN THE CHURCHYARD 8-11 METRES SOUTH-EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST OSMOND

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Dorset
District:
West Dorset (District Authority)
Parish:
Melbury Osmond
National Grid Reference:
ST 57415 07826

Details

MELBURY OSMOND MELBURY OSMOND ST 5707 VILLAGE Two Monuments, 8/109 Flanders and Cave, in the churchyard 8-11 metres south- east of chancel of Church of St Osmond II GV Two square Pedestals. Late C18. Stone. (1) With one recess-panel each side and a hipped top block. To Mary Flanders, died Oct. 29th, 1791. (2) Portland stone, with a recess-rib panel to each side, moulded cornice and flat top block. To Susannah Cave, died October 9th 1796, aged 20 years.

Listing NGR: ST5741507826

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
105857
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/01581/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].