OLD VICARAGE AND ATTACHED COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1154817
Date first listed:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
OLD VICARAGE AND ATTACHED COTTAGE, RIVERSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD VICARAGE AND ATTACHED COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154817 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 19:43:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD VICARAGE AND ATTACHED COTTAGE, RIVERSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Felton
National Grid Reference:
NU 18268 00217

Details

FELTON RIVERSIDE NU 1800 (West end, off) 12/131 Old Vicarage and attached cottage GV II

Vicarage and attached cottage. Mid-C18, reputedly incorporating older fabric in cottage; late C19 or early C20 alterations at rear. Squared stone; Welsh slate roof.

North elevation 2 storeys, 5 bays, symmetrical. Central doorway with renewed door under radial fanlight and side-lights, all enclosed by segmental arch. 12-pane sash windows in chamfered surrounds, with slightly-projecting sills; fielded-panel shutters. Coped gables; stepped-and-corniced end stacks. Lower 2-bay cottage to left shows 12-pane sashes except for C20 casement in old opening on 1st floor left; ridge stack.

Rear elevation; late C19 or early C20 wing has re-set triangular tablet above door on left return, inscribed:

1683 Has AEdes Posuit Robertus Henderson Trinitatis Colleg ii Cantab Tempore Barrowni Tempore Newtoni Socius Hujuset Vicariae Non indignus vicarius Pietatis ergo Posuit Hoc Patri Filius Testimonium 1758'.

Listing NGR: NU1826800217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236800
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Feb 2006
Reference: IOE01/15210/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Christopher Woodward. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].