FOUR SHIRE STONE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1154945

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: FOUR SHIRE STONE FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of FOUR SHIRE STONE FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154945 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 17:30:29.

Location

Statutory Address: FOUR SHIRE STONE FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Evenlode

National Grid Reference: SP 23014 32023

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EVENLODE SP 23 SW 2/106 Four Shire Stone Farm 26.3.85 II Detached farmhouse with attached partly converted barn and store. C17, C18, C19 and C20. C17 part; coursed, squared and dressed limestone and sandstone, concrete tile roof, ashlar stacks; C18 barn and C19 store coursed, squared and dressed limestone, corrugated asbestos roof to store. C20 extensions; artificial stone concrete tile roof. Rectangular main body with C20 extensions at rear and conservatory at front, partly converted C18 barn on right gable end, C19 store on gable-end of barn. Garden front; 2 storeys and garret lit by single light casement with double-chamfered surround. 4 bay, 3-windowed facade lit by 2 and 3-light double-chamfered, stone-mullioned casements with horizontal glazing bars. Two C20 doors with glazing bars in flat-chamfered surrounds (one original) from conservatory into house. Former surround to front door with 4-centred arch and imposts reused in right-hand wall of conservatory, compass drawn rosettes and various roughly carved initials and dates (earliest date 1769). Reused stone in wall of conservatory with inscription MARKHAM GARDNER/ADDELBURY/1777. Left end of C18 barn now converted, double width entrance with timber lintel right. Stable door to store right lit by 2 glazing bar casements, pitching window in right gable-end. Gable-end and axial stacks with moulded cappings. Interior: spine beam. Two open fireplaces with bressummer beams, one with incised inscription WILLIAM LUCKELL 1688. Barn interior: ventilation slits and gable-end pitching window with keystone visible from interior. Roof to store; single truss with (probably reused) curving principals set upside down.

Listing NGR: SP2301432023

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 130219

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing