LARGE BARN TO WEST OF DREW'S FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155032

Date first listed: 06-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 01-May-1986

Statutory Address: LARGE BARN TO WEST OF DREW'S FARMHOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LARGE BARN TO WEST OF DREW'S FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155032 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 23:32:15.

Location

Statutory Address: LARGE BARN TO WEST OF DREW'S FARMHOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Boxwell with Leighterton

National Grid Reference: ST 82265 91046

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BOXWELL WITH THE STREET (Leighterton Village ST 8291 west side) LEIGHTERTON 2/28 Large barn to west of Drew's Farmhouse (previously listed as barn dated 1800)

GV II 6.9.54 Barn. Datestone R + B/1800. Random rubble limestone; dressed quoins; stone slate roof. Seven-bay barn with central projecting porch to each side. West side: central gabled porch with timber lintel to doorway having relieving arch over and plank barn doors. Louvred loft opening above doorway and square lantern to columbarium with stone pigeon finial; ball finial to barn gables. Lean-to to left and right of porch, both with corrugated-iron roofs, that to left cut down from higher pitch and with rounded corners. Row of gablet vents to main ridge. East side: central gabled porch with datestone. North gable end: plain except for 10 rows of pigeon holes with perches. South gable end: roughcast rendered with single apex pigeon hole. Interior has 7-bay collar truss roof with lath and plaster between trusses; plastered walls. Indications of 2 inserted floors at south end, now removed. Lofts to each porch, that on west a columbarium. Forms part of group with Drew's Farmhouse, other barn and stables (q.v.). (D. Verey, Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds, 1979.)

Listing NGR: ST8226591046

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 129619

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 1 The Cotswolds, (1970)

End of official listing