BAPTIST CHAPEL AND ATTACHED SCHOOL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155159

Date first listed: 16-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL AND ATTACHED SCHOOL HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAPTIST CHAPEL AND ATTACHED SCHOOL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155159 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 09:53:38.

Location

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL AND ATTACHED SCHOOL HOUSE, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Naunton

National Grid Reference: SP1141023421

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NAUNTON VILLAGE STREET SP 1123 (s side) 8/73 Baptist Chapel and - attached school house)

GV II

Non-conformist Chapel. Dated 1850 but looks earlier. Pre-archaeological Gothick style. Coursed rubble, low-pitched slate roof with coped verges. 2--light Y- tracery lancets to sides. Front (west) gable has 2 projecting gabled stair- turrets and lower lean-to between with arched doorway. Ground falls sharply to south allowing basement. Extends to east as school house in coursed and squared rubble. 2 storeys, 2 windows, plain slightly chamfered opening with timber mul- lion windows. Central uninscribed (date) panel. Interior probably as arranged c.1850. 2 Tudor arched doorways at west end blocked. Blocked openings for school children or choir above east doorways. Probably originally a plain C18 rectan- gular structure, extended to its present form in 1850. Important position when seen from Dale Street and south.



Listing NGR: SP1141023421

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 129957

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing