ROW OF 4 STONES ON LONGFRAMLINGTON NEWTON ON THE MOOR BOUNDARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155179

Date first listed: 15-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: ROW OF 4 STONES ON LONGFRAMLINGTON NEWTON ON THE MOOR BOUNDARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROW OF 4 STONES ON LONGFRAMLINGTON NEWTON ON THE MOOR BOUNDARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155179 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 19:47:07.

Location

Statutory Address: ROW OF 4 STONES ON LONGFRAMLINGTON NEWTON ON THE MOOR BOUNDARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Longframlington

National Grid Reference: NU 12835 05502

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LONGFRAMLINGTON SNOOK BANK NU 10 NW NU 12670580 to 12940542 1/166 Row of 4 stones on Longframlington/ Newton on the Moor boundary GV II

Boundary stones, c.1830. Cut sandstone. Segmental-topped pillars 0.6 to 0.7 metre high with incised letters WSD on south-west and C on north-east. These stone delineate the north-east side of a trapezoidal area of moorland; the letters probably stand for air William Davison of Swarland, landowner 1829- 1873 and the Cook family of Newton Hall, who assumed the name Widdrington in 1840. The north-west side of the area is formed by the Longframlington/ Edlingham boundary, the stones there being listed under Edlingham parish.

Listing NGR: NU1283505502

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 236835

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing