MARKET HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155185
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
25-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
MARKET HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MARKET HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155185 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 09:17:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
MARKET HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Northleach with Eastington
National Grid Reference:
SP 11362 14596

Details

NORTHLEACH WITH HIGH STREET SP 1114 EASTINGTON (north side), Northleach 8/96 Market House (formerly listed as Cottage abutting and on North of Red 23.1.52 Lion Hotel and cottage abutting occupied by Mrs S Mustoe) GV II

Formerly two cottages in row, now one. Mid C17. Coursed squared and dressed limestone, stone slate roof. Rectangular main body with later extension at right angles at rear. Lean-to extension at rear, not of special interest. Two-storey, 4-windowed facade all C19 or C20 two or three-light casements with glazing. Upper left- hand and lower right-hand casements with horizontal glazing bars only. All windows with timber lintels. Flat-chamfered surround to first floor window indicates facade was formerly lit by stone- mullioned casements. C20 part-glazed front door off-centre left, down step. Blocked entrance with timber lintel far left. Interior; tie beams with beam flat chamfers and stepped stops. Open fireplace with bressumer beam and ash pit.

Listing NGR: SP1136214596

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
130533
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10594/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].