BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH WEST OF ARLINGTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155189
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
05-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH WEST OF ARLINGTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH WEST OF ARLINGTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155189 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 16:17:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES NORTH WEST OF ARLINGTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Bibury
National Grid Reference:
SP 10973 06831

Details

BIBURY ARLINGTON SP 1006-1106 11/55 Barn approximately. 50m north west of Arlington Farmhouse 23.1.52 (previously listed with Arlington Farmhouse) GV II Barn. Late C18; early C19 addition. Random rubble limestone; stone slate roof. Five-bay barn with 4-bay addition to north west. Attached outbuildings to south east end, now converted to house, are not of special interest. South west side: central gabled porch to earlier part to right with timber lintel and plank barn doors. Outshut to left with lean-to roof and low plank door with timber lintel. Similar porch to barn extension to left with gabled outbuilding beyond having concrete tile roof. North east side: gabled porch to barn as to south west side; doorway with timber lintel and plank door to barn extension to right; loft doorway to right. Interiors of barn not inspected but probably collar and tie-beam truss roof.

Listing NGR: SP1097306831

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
127301
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/12018/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].