THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155207
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
01-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE, 17, DIAL PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155207 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 16:34:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD VICARAGE, 17, DIAL PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Warkworth
National Grid Reference:
NU 24643 06156

Details

NU 2406 WARKWORTH DIAL PLACE (West side)

21/298 No. 17 (The Old Vicarage) 10.1.53 (formerly listed as The Vicarage)

GV II

Former vicarage. c.1820 for Rev. Thomas Cave Winsom. Squared stone of near- ashlar quality, with ashlar band and eaves cornice; purple slate roof with yellow brick stacks.

West (garden) elevation 2 storeys, 3 bays, symmetrical. Plinth and tooled 1st-floor band. Central blocked doorway; left bay has full-length small-paned sash; right has C20 small-paned glazed doors and overlight; moulded steps up at each side. 1st floor shows 16-pane sashes with slightly-projecting sills. Moulded eaves cornice. Coped gables; rebuilt end stacks, the left on old base.

East elevation. Left-of-centre 4-panel door with patterned fanlight in surround with attached Tuscan piers and open-pedimented hood; right arched stair window holding 12-pane sash with intersecting head. At left end 12- pane sash. First-floor similar window with early C20 round window to left. At right end 12-pane sashes, the lower renewed. Interior: 6-panel doors, door surrounds and shutters all with beaded mouldings. Sitting Room has fireplace with wood surround of fluted Ionic columns carrying balustraded mantel, and egg-and-dart cornice. Dog-leg open-string stair with stick balusters, moulded newels, moulded handrail and carved tread ends; stairhead has panelled arch, cornice and ceiling rose.



Listing NGR: NU2464206159

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
237189
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04914/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected]HistoricEngland.org.uk.