Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1155400

Date first listed: 27-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155400 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jan-2019 at 13:53:58.


Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Test Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Faccombe

National Grid Reference: SU 39011 58091


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



2/11 Church of St. Barnabas


Parish Church. 1866, by G.B. Mussellwhite. A new parish church in Early English style, to replace the Norman building (St. Michael) demolished at the medieval site at Netherton. Single cell, with western tower, and south porch. Plain tile roof, the walls are of coarse flints with stone dressings; alternate single and coupled windows with trefoils and quatrefoils above cusped lights, larger traceried east window, buttresses, bands and plinth. The tower has 2 main stages, with crenellated parapet, coupled belly windows, and diagonal stepped buttresses. Gabled porch with arched opening. Within are features from the old church; a Norman front with chevron ornament, an engraved brass panel within a moulded stone frame (of Anne Reades, of 1624), 2 small C16 wall brasses, and wall monuments of 1647, 1759, and 1802.

Listing NGR: SU3909258010


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 139777

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing