PANT ON EAST SIDE OF ROAD JUNCTION

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155448
Date first listed:
15-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
PANT ON EAST SIDE OF ROAD JUNCTION, NEWTON VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PANT ON EAST SIDE OF ROAD JUNCTION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155448 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 20:43:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
PANT ON EAST SIDE OF ROAD JUNCTION, NEWTON VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Newton-on-the-Moor and Swarland
National Grid Reference:
NU 17148 05326

Details

NEWTON-ON-THE-MOOR NEWTON VILLAGE NU 10 NE (East end) 2/194 Pant on east side of road junction

GV II

Pant, dated 1914. Squared stone with cut dressings and bronze and iron fittings; Lakeland slate roof. Low platform with stone trough retaining iron bucketrest; back wall with lion mask spout, gadrooned knob and flat coping stepped up over plaque inscribed 'ERECTED/BY THE TENANTS OF NEWTON ON THE MOOR/ TO COMMEMORATE/THE GOLDEN WEDDING OF/S FITZHERBERT & CECILIA WIDDRINGTON/20TH APRIL 1864-1914'. Flanking piers carry timber superstructure with swept hipped roof; leaded eaves flashing recently removed by vandals. Short wing walls to monolith square end piers with stepped caps carrying swept bases of missing finials.

Listing NGR: NU1714805326

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236863
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/07858/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Todd. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].