HINTON AMPNER C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1155495
Date first listed:
19-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
HINTON AMPNER C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL, A272

Map

Ordnance survey map of HINTON AMPNER C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1155495 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 08:53:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
HINTON AMPNER C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL, A272

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
Parish:
Bramdean and Hinton Ampner
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 60167 28100

Details

SU 62 NW BRAMDEAN A272 (North side)

6/3 Hinton Ampner C of E Primary School

II

School. Mid C18 founded by will of a William Blake 1738 and 1860 on tablet. Brick with tilehung gables and some stone dressings, plain tile roof. 5 bay C18 building with C19 schoolroom attached to right wing to its rear. C18 building 2 storey, 5 bay, symmetrical. Central doorway with C18 doorcase and rectangular fanlight with C20 door, and C18 timber flat hood on brackets. 4 early C19 cross windows with cast iron casements and gauged brick arches. Above 5 smaller similar windows. Roof with overhanging rafters, and bargeboarded and tilehung gables. External brick stacks to rear side either side of outshot. To right gable end of C19 schoolroom with large 3 mullion, 2 transom cast iron window with rendered brick arch and stone sill, and small single light with pointed window over. Either side plaque, and plain bargeborads and cupola vent on roof. VCH; 1908; Vol 3; p 322.

Listing NGR: SP6140234359

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
145323
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, The Victoria History of the County of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, (1908), 322

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16812/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Parry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].